POST A FLYER
SUPPLY PICKUP INFORMATION
The Great American Cleanup is the nation’s largest community improvement program that Fort Wayne has participated in for over 20 years. It is a time when we can show our community pride by lending a hand to clean up littered roadsides, parks, trails and river ways.
A clean city makes a difference: It looks better to residents and visitors, and improves the overall quality of life. Litter, graffiti, unkempt parks and trails, and scattered debris create unsightly areas that would give visitors the wrong impression. Through the work of volunteers, we can come together and show how much we care about Fort Wayne’s neighborhoods and public spaces.
The event is held on the 3rd Saturday in May each year. The City provides groups with garbage bags, gloves, and T-shirts. After the work is done, a volunteer celebration with food, drinks, prizes and live entertainment is held at Headwaters West from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Results from 2015 -Thank you volunteers!
4,835 volunteers contributed 14,505 hours to cleaning up our City in this one day event! This is what they accomplished!
• 169,280 pounds of litter & debris was collected
• 892 illegally dumped tires recycled
• 68 miles of roads, streets & highways were cleaned or beautified
• 1,357 acres of parks & public lands were cleaned
• 33 miles of hiking, biking & nature trails cleaned
• 22 miles of river banks cleaned