The Three Rivers Water Filtration Plant was constructed at the confluence of Fort Wayne's three rivers in 1933. When it was built, it had the capacity to produce 24 million gallons of treated water per day (MGD). Since the original construction there have been two major additions: a 24 MGD expansion in 1955 and a 24 MGD addition in 1981. The total capacity of the Plant today is 72 million gallons per day, enough to supply the needs of Fort Wayne for at least the next 10 to 15 years.
Three Rivers Filtration Plant -- fact sheet
200 East Berry Street ,Room 130
Fort Wayne IN 46802
7:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. M-F
7:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. M-F