FWACC is teaming up with Literacy for Companionship Inc. to host reading nights for children at the shelter!
This exciting new opportunity allows children ages 6-12 to read to pets waiting on their forever homes. Literacy for Companionship Inc. is a local non-profit that aims to bring children and pets together through the joy of reading. FWACC's Humane Education Department's mission is to teach children empathy and kindness through animals, so the partnership is a perfect addition to our line up of existing programs.
Children can bring their own books or pick from our collection of Humane Education approved books!
- Each child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who stays at the shelter during their reading session
- Each child can be registered for one 30 minute time slot per session
- Readers must be registered to attend. NO WALK-INS
- Each reading session is limited to 7 readers to ensure each child has a great experience
- The program is FREE!
- Children must be 6-12 years olds to participate
- Parents must fill out a Hold Harmless form for their child to particpate (Photo release forms are optional)
- If you are registering more than one child - please do separate registrations!
Click on a time slot to register your child for an upcoming session:
Thursday, March 22