On January, 21, 2021, Allen County Health Commissioner Dr. Matthew Sutter anounced local public health restrictions are once again lifted since the county remained in the state's orange advisory level the past two weeks. Read here
To stay updated, please follow @MayorTomHenry on Twitter
General questions for help: Dial 211
Residents needing food, clothing, shelter and more may access Indiana 211 by dialing dial 2-1-1 or 1-866-211-9966 to speak with a navigator 24 hours a day. They may also search for available resources here or follow the menu to the right to search for services.
COVID-19: GENERAL INFORMATION
What is the coronavirus?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
What can YOU do to reduce and slow the spread of COVID-19?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water; use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when hand washing is not available.
- Avoid touching. Do not shake hands. Utilize alternative forms of greeting that do not require touching, like a wave or head-nod.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with tissue and throw away immediately. If tissue is unavailable, cough or sneeze into sleeve.
- Stay at least 6 feet from others. Maintain at least 6 feet between yourself and anyone coughing or sneezing. If too close, virus droplets can be breathed in if person coughing has disease.
- Read more from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
What should you do if you suspect you have the coronavirus?
If you think you have been exposed to COVID‑19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
CLICK HERE for local healthcare COVID-19 screening phone numbers/websites.
COVID-19 guidance and tools to help businesses make decisions, protect their staff, and communicate within their communities.
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS
WATCH DEFEND THE FORT VIDEOS