For release: 3:40 p.m. June 17, 2015
Contact: Frank Suárez, 415-7313
• Rain remains in the forecast and the St. Marys River continues to rise.
• Sand remains available to residents wanting to protect their property. The sand and empty bags are available at Portage Middle School, 3521 Taylor Street, and at the Southwest Conservation Club, 5703 Bluffton Road. Residents will need a shovel to fill the bags. Six additional truckloads of sand have been taken to these locations since we first made sand available just before noon yesterday.
• Crews are working to reinforce the clay dike at Thieme and Berry in the West Central area.
• This morning’s heavy rain has caused additional street flooding at the intersection of Tillman Road and Calhoun Street. Crews are continuing to monitor the area.
• Water levels on the Fairfield Ditch have dropped by more than a foot allowing streets to open and bringing relief to residents in the Belle Vista Neighborhood.
• Water levels are also down in the Bradbury, Prairie Grove and Broadripple area where some homes were damaged by floodwater yesterday. To help residents clean-up debris, four roll-off garbage containers will be delivered to the neighborhood early tomorrow morning.
• City Utilities has nearly 20 pumps placed to protect neighborhoods from floodwater at this hour. Eight additional pumps, brought in from other cities, will arrive late this afternoon. A few pumps being used last night were damaged by flood waters and are not usable today.
• Public Works and City Utilities staff worked 12-hour shifts to keep flood fighting efforts a 24-hour operation.
Current road closures: 3:30pm
Tillman Road – From Lower Huntington to Calhoun Street
North River Road – From Maysville Road to Landin Road
Hanauer Road – From Cook Road to Wallen Road
Winchester Road – From Shamrock to Airport Expressway
Nelson @ Berry Street
Geneva – From Henrietta to Elyetta
The Neighbor forum for Renaissance Pointe
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests