The Neighbor forum for Renaissance Pointe
1 post • Page 1 of 1
June 29, 2015
For Immediate Release
Contact: Natalie Eggeman (260-427-6028)
Public Information Officer
Update on Park Closures
Fort Wayne, IN.: Due to high water and/or downed trees, the following parks have limited access or are closed:
• Foster Park: The Bridal Glen, Pawster Park and the tennis courts are the only areas open.
• Kreager Park: North River Road is closed but the maintenance gate west of the park has been opened to allow the public to access the park.
• Swinney Park East: Closed
• Lawton Park: The park is only accessible from Clinton Street. Kids Crossing is open. The Skatepark is closed.
• Rockhill Park: Access from W. Jefferson Blvd. only.
The Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Department encourages citizens who are registered for programs and classes in the parks above to phone their instructor, or other provided phone numbers, to check the status of their program before venturing out.
We urge citizens to please use caution in our parks! Avoid areas with high water or downed trees. While our crews focus on the priority of clearing fallen trees from residential areas, downed trees in parks will remain on the ground. The process of clearing the large number of trees that have fallen is expected to take weeks and we ask the community to be patient.
Residents may dump tree limbs, branches and debris in the pool parking lot at Swinney Park West, or the soccer field parking lot at Foster Park West. Both lots will be open from 6 am – 11 pm.
For additional information, call the Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department at 260-427-6000.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests