American Diabetes Association Alert Day

The Neighbor forum for Renaissance Pointe
GalindoP

American Diabetes Association Alert Day

Post by GalindoP » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:59 am

The American Diabetes Association is looking for community partners to help us spread the word. On Tuesday, March 25th, the Association will be encouraging people to know their risk for Type 2 diabetes by taking a free on-line risk test. Would you please help us send out the information about Diabetes Alert Day – details below? By responding to the e-mail you will receive specific messaging and tools to deliver the diabetes prevention message to your communities via e-mail, social media or website links. Materials are available in English and in Spanish. I do hope you will consider being a part of our efforts to Stop Diabetes! Send me an e-mail if you would be willing to help spread the word!

About Alert!Day
• Risk awareness campaign for type2 diabetes.
• Theme: Take It. Share It. Step Out.
• Tuesday, March 25, 2014, is the 26th Annual American Diabetes Association Alert Day®.
• It is a one-day, “wake-up call”, asking the American public to take the Diabetes Risk Test to find out if they are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes. The test asks questions about weight, age, family history and other potential risks for prediabetes or type 2 diabetes.
• You can get your free Diabetes Risk Test (English or Spanish) by visiting us on Facebook, diabetes.org/risktest or by calling 1-800-DIABETES (1-800-342-2383).
• We are asking the public to start living a healthy and active lifestyle. One way to do this is by joining one of our Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes® events nationwide.
• For every Diabetes Risk Test taken, Boar’s Head Brand® will donate $5 to the American Diabetes Association starting March 25 through April 25, 2014, up to $50,000.

How You Can Help:
(You knew we’d ask you, right?)
1. Help distribute information and the risk test in our community via street teams on day-of-event.
2. Send social media messages via Facebook and Twitter to promote taking the test.
3. Include the Alert!Day logo in your email signature with a link to the online test.
4. Post the Alert!Day banner on your web site.
5. Send an email to friends, family, employees, colleagues or businesses you frequent. (This can be done in conjunction with fundraising emails if you are currently sending those out to your contacts.)
! Ask them to take the risk test. They can access the test:
• Online on Facebook (facebook.com/AmericanDiabetesAssociation)
• Online at diabetes.org/risktest
• In person at any Walgreens pharmacy counter
• By using the paper test that you’ll attach to the message
! Ask them to pass along your email including all the attachments.
! Ask them to post, share or re-tweet about Alert!Day via social media.
! Attach the Alert!Day poster, risk test, social media messages, web banners and logo.

The Alert!Day Tools You’ll Have:
(Any of the below items are available in Spanish, just let us know.)
1. Risk Test
2. Social Media Messages for Facebook and Twitter
3. Poster
4. Web banners/jpegs for Social Media Messages
5. Logo

Jennifer Pferrer
Executive Director Indiana Area
American Diabetes Association
317.352.9226 ext 6729

Clement

Re: American Diabetes Association Alert Day

Post by Clement » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:30 am

Wow! It's over 3 years now and I know the association would have saved many lives by spreading words about diabetes. I started late last year. I also did prepare a glycemic index chart to give people knowledge on the glycemic index of various foods they eat. I believe people will have better knowledge about diabetes and stay safe if various health bodies continue to spread words.

Return to “Renaissance Pointe”