Under direction of the Theatre Utility Lead, incumbent executes set up and removal of chairs, tables, equipment, and temporary structures according to event plan, assists with pre and post-concert production operations, cleans all areas of the theatre, and performs minor general theatre maintenance. The incumbent is expected to exercise good judgment, independence, initiative, and professional expertise in conducting day-to-day operations. All work duties and activities must be performed in accordance with the City safety rules and operating regulations, policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the ability to interact with the public, City incumbents, and outside agencies with patience, tact, respect, and professionalism and the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Executes set up and removal of chairs, tables, equipment, and temporary structures according to event plan;
• Provides general labor to other theatre areas as directed for event specific duties;
• Assists as directed in load-in and strike of concert production staging before and after event;
• Acts as a house attendant, when needed, during events to maintain facility cleanliness, restroom paper stock, and assist with delivering the best guest experience possible;
• Assists in cleaning all areas of the theatre including, but not limited to restrooms, stage, dressing rooms, and theatre entrances before and after each event according to facility sanitation and health guidelines;
• Performs minor maintenance of facility and outside grounds as assigned;
• Collects tickets at patron entry gates, monitors incoming patrons for prohibited items, and monitors exiting patrons during and after the conclusion of concerts;
• Provides exceptional customer service;
• Operates cleaning and material handling equipment according to training and within facility regulations and department policies;
• May be temporarily assigned to other areas of staff as training allows and programming needs require.
Performs other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is responsible to manage their performance in accordance with this job description and the performance expectations provided to them by management. If at any time the incumbent is unsure of their role or specific responsibilities, it is the incumbent’s responsibility to refer to their job description and ask for clarification from their supervisor. Management will work with the incumbent, as needed, to ensure performance expectations are clearly communicated and performance goals are achieved.
Incumbent has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school graduate;
• Understands simple, repetitive, routine tasks, processes or operations;
• Follows simple oral instructions; understands general work processes and has practical knowledge of use of basic tools;
• Training in cleaning equipment and material handling devices preferred;
• Experience in a working live theatre or concert venue helpful.
Incumbent's contacts are with the general public. Incumbent handles questions, complaints requiring judgment and tact in order to render service, carry out policy and maintain coordination.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work consists of simple, repetitive, routine tasks, processes or operations. Work is performed under close supervision. Work instructions are specific and complete. Incumbent has no authority to deviate from instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Indiana Driver’s License if City vehicle is used.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Effort is exerted regularly for sustained periods. Strain may be intense for frequent or moderate duration. Effort involves moderate lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending and/or more than normal visual or hearing activity. Work is performed while in an abnormal sitting or standing position. Manual dexterity is moderate.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. There is moderate exposure to dust, grease, noise, inadequate lighting, etc. Hazardous working conditions are minimal. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.