|Apply Online||Return to Postings|
|Working under the direction of the Shop Supervisor, incumbent orders and picks up parts and supplies used in the repair of City owned vehicles and equipment. The incumbent is expected to exercise good judgment, independence, initiative, and ...|
|Posted On:||Wednesday, 30th October 2019|
|Category:||Regular Full Time|
|Shift:||Either First shift 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. or Second shift 2:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.|
Fort Wayne, IN
200 E. Berry Street
|Pay Rate:||$17.08 - $20.86 per hour|
Working under the direction of the Shop Supervisor, incumbent orders and picks up parts and supplies used in the repair of City owned vehicles and equipment. The incumbent is expected to exercise good judgment, independence, initiative, and professional expertise in conducting day-to-day operations. All work duties and activities must be performed in accordance with the City safety rules and operating regulations, policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the ability to interact with the public, City incumbents, and outside agencies with patience, tact, respect, and professionalism and the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Dispenses automotive parts, supplies, equipment, tools, and accessories to Technicians and other department employees upon proper authorization;
• Makes appropriate records of all transactions;
• Orders, receives, inspects, counts, verifies, and signs for parts and supplies from vendors, and puts items into stock;
• Maintains accurate and complete inventory control records for stocked items, including conducting quarterly physical inventories;
• Maintains supplies of stocked items at predetermined levels;
• Follows through on orders and reorders of parts and supplies until process is complete;
• Maintains the physical security of the items in stock;
• Drives city-owned vehicles for pick-up and delivery of parts and supplies;
• Assists in maintaining equipment, tools, and work areas in a clean and orderly condition;
• Manages tool inventory, including conducting a physical inventory twice per year;
• Cleans and organizes shelves, bins, racks, etc.; maintains a clean and orderly parts room;
• Manages cores and parts returns, and a core exchange program;
• Manages warranty claims on parts;
• Prepares various documentation and paperwork such as reports, requisitions, purchase orders payment vouchers, etc.;
• Enters data accurately into Faster system, including, but not limited to, parts descriptions, warranties, orders, receipts, issues, etc.
• Assists other staff as needed or directed;
• Must perform any task set forth by supervision;
• Porters equipment when needed.
The incumbent is responsible to manage their performance in accordance with this job description and the performance expectations provided to them by management. If at any time the incumbent is unsure of their role or specific responsibilities, it is the incumbent’s responsibility to refer to their job description and ask for clarification from their supervisor. Management will work with the incumbent, as needed, to ensure performance expectations are clearly communicated and performance goals are achieved.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Any combination of work experience or academic pursuit equivalent to a High School Diploma, and six months experience in the automotive industry; mechanics/technician classes through high school preferred;
• Basic knowledge of automotive mechanics;
• Ability to operate properly cars and trucks.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Indiana driver’s license if City vehicle is used.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee performs moderately complex, relatively standardized tasks using necessary tools and equipment as required to perform work duties. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Performs assigned duties which require pushing, pulling, and reaching regularly for sustained periods and bending, twisting, climbing, and lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, physical effort involves moderate lifting of tools and materials. Effort is exerted for sustained periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee the employee has moderate exposure to dust, grease and extreme temperatures and severe weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All applications for currently posted positions will be submitted on line at www.cityoffortwayne.org. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Reasonable accommodations for persons with a known disabling condition will be considered in accordance with State and Federal Law.
(Those individuals who accept employment with the City and live outside one of the six contiguous Indiana counties that border Allen County (DeKalb, Whitley, Noble, Huntington, Wells, and Adams) will have six (6) months from their start date to become residents of either Allen County or one of the six counties listed above. Policy and Procedure Number 204 Page: 1 of 1).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran's status, national origin, or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodations for persons with a known disabling condition will be considered in accordance with State and Federal Law.