December 10, 2018 - Heavy leaves in central neighborhoods will keep some Street Department crews in central neighborhoods, but the majority of the crews will start the second pass through southern neighborhoods. Residents are encouraged to monitor the leaf collection process by visiting the website cityoffortwayne.org/leaves. The site offers weekday updates each afternoon showing the neighborhoods where crews will be working the following day. A leaf collection phone line at 427- 2302, is also updated daily. Both information sources update daily by 3:00 p.m. the day before the collection.
Residents who have biodegradable paper leaf bags to be collected should call 311 to schedule a pick-up. Leaf bags will not be collected with garbage.
- Rake leaves to the park strip by 7 a.m. on the first day of the week when crews will be in your area.
- Don’t put leaves in your trash or recycling cart. It is against State of Indiana law.
- Don’t burn leaves. It’s a violation of City Code and can result in a fine.
- Don’t place leaves in the street.
- Don’t mix other yard waste with leaves.
- Don’t put leaves in or over storm drains.
- For safety, and to assist motorists, parents should remind children to not play in leaf piles near the street.