Permit for Animal Business or Animal Breeder
Application for all permits may be made at our business office during normal business hours:
- Grooming Establishment or Pet Shop Permit: $100
- Major Breeder Permit: more than one litter in any household in 12 months. (dog or cat) Proper zoning may be is required. $200
- Minor Breeder Permit: one litter in a 12 month period. The permit fee is reduced to $10 if the dog or cat is spayed after the birth of her litter. If not altered $100
- Residential Kennel/Cattery Permit: $400-$500 allowing up to 3 unaltered dogs/cats not exceeding total of 7 of altered/unaltered
- Kennel/Cattery/Exhibitor Permit: more than three unaltered pets at one address. Proper zoning may be required.
- 6-15 $150
- 16-25 $250
- 26 or more $350
- Exhibitors Permit: Any exhibitor owning or harboring up to five unaltered dogs or cats (not exceeding the total of 7 over the age of five months may register all animals annually under an Exhibitors Permit after showing proof of eight “Confirmation of Show Entry” forms issued by the American Kennel Club or United Kennel Club or other similar national registry association for the 12 month period preceding registration. Other administrative requirements and care standards apply to this permit. Interested parties may contact FWACC to discuss guidelines. $150
Register an Animal Event
- All events involving one or more animals and taking place within the Fort Wayne city limits require an Event Permit.
- Permits are $100. If the event is conducted by a non-for-profit agency the permit is complimentary.
- All events are inspected by the Department of Animal Care and Control.
All events are inspected by the Department of Animal Care and Control.