Investing in our Neighborhoods
Video Footage Click on dates for NEW Aerial Videos:Sept 16 Open a, Sept 16 Open b
Aug 23 Heading East , Aug 24 Heading West, Aug 10 Heading East, August 10 Underpass progress, July 28 Heading East, July 28 Heading West, July 28 New Road heading east, July 28 Over Trail
July 18 Near Coldwater, July 18 heading west toward Lima, July 18 road over trail, June 28 Full Length of Road, June 28 Close Underpass, June 28 looking east, June 14 Low Angle over underpass, June 14 Pan of Trail Underpass, June 14 heading west, June 14 looking through underpass, High view of underpass, May 28 wide shot Aerial, May 28 CU of Underpass Wall, May 6 Aerial Looking West
September 21, 2018 – Traffic is adjusting well to the newly opened sections of the road. Paving continues and crews are working to connect the new water line. Concrete pours continue for a sidewalk, lighting foundations, and lanes. Grading continues on the north side of Dupont. Scroll down to see seven new photos are below.
September 17, 2018 -- The road is finally open for one lane in each direction. There may still be delays. Please drive slow when using the road.
- September 7, 2018 -- Rain caused issues on Friday and weekend in rain may halt planned paving. The road is still expected to open soon – possibly near the end of next week. This week say curb and gutter completion in several sections. Water lines continued to be installed -- this week near Radbourne and Oak Tree where five new fire hydrants were placed. Crews worked on signal work around La Cabreah and Dawsons Creek. Grading and concrete work continued.
- August 31, 2018 – Crews completed a significant amount of curb and gutter. New LED lights were installed at the traffic signal near Dupont Village. Crews continued to work on the new water main, laying out another 600-feet and the water main work should be complete around the 17th. Signal work occurred at Dupont Village. A pre-cast culvert box was constructed. The painting of lane markings/striping to prepare of the road opening should begin around September 10th. Crews will not work on Labor Day.
August 25, 2018 - Many questions about the re-opening of the road. Depending on the weather it should be the second or third week of September -- maybe as early as September 10th. That would be one lane in each direction. Weather slowed progress a few times this week – but progress was made.The first layer of asphalt was placed in several locations and paving occurred on some of the expanded lanes. Water pipes are not connected – but most are installed from Lima to Coldwater. Concrete work continued at the trail underpass and some of the railing near the trail was placed.
- August 18, 2018 -- Rain storms late in the week slowed progress but much was accomplished earlier in the week and crews worked Saturday to construct underdrains and prepare the expanded portions of the road for paving early next week. Several new fire hydrants were installed and more water pipe was placed along several sections of the road. The last section of concrete slab work around the retaining wall at the overpass began and concrete railing was poured in the area.
- August 10, 2018 -- This week drilling and fusing of the 12” water main occurred near Radbourne. Private drives were removed along the road expansion between Radbourne and Lima. They are being replaced as the road work continues in this area. Storm water pipes and underdrains were also installed this week. The road is taking shape as concrete is placed on the south side of Dupont between Hickory Tree and Oak Tree. Work on the wall by the trail underpass is nearing completion.
- August 2, 2018 -- The mid-week rain did slow things on Wednesday -- but the rest of the week saw good progress. Asphalt work is beginning on the expanded "new" road. Other portions of the new lanes are being compacted with limestone. New 12-inch water main is being installed and the wall near the trail underpass is beginning to have a stain applied.
- July 26, 2018 -- The road continues to take shape with portion of asphalt, curbs, sidewalks, drains, and grading continuing to be visible throughout the project. Dawsons Creek lighting and paving moved forward whilce concrete slabs, lighting, wall work and water main installation will continue next week as construction moves closer to Crescent Circle and Radbourne.
- July 19, 2018 -- A busy week with good weather saw more concrete slab work, signal work at Dupont Village, new water main installation testing and connecting, new asphalt and traffic switching to the south side of Dupont from Dupont Village to Dawsons Creek.
- July 13, 2018 -- The road is taking on an updated look. Underpass work is looking more and more like the artist renderings, concrete sidewalks were poured this week near Casa Grille. Asphalt paving is underway in the eastbound lanes from Dawsons Creek to Dupont Village. Water pipe installation continues.
- July 6, 2018 -- Work continues on the placement of new stormwater infrastructure. New waterline placement is approaching completion near Dawsons Creek. REMC bored under the road to place former overhead lines underground, near La Cabreah. Curbs were placed on the south side from Dupont Village to Dawsons Creek. Cub and drive approach work was completed at Maple Seed Farm. Subgrading of the road over the trail continues.
- May-June Updates
- Earlier Updates