Investing in our Neighborhoods
Description:Expanding road to 4-lanes with a turn lane, where needed; a sidewalk on the north side and a trail on the south side of the road. A below-grade pedestrian/bicycle crossing will connect the Pufferbelly Trail under the road near Salomon Farm Park.Click Project Renderings
- April 20, 2018 -- Things are progressing -- crews stripped sod near the underground trail area and pipe work is moving down the road. Dupont will close around April 30. (new photos below)
- April 13, 2018 -- On Monday - April 16 - crews will start placing signage in anticipation of the road closure. The closure is expected to be around April 30.
- April 10, 2018 -- Crews were continuing utility relocations, including NIPSCO gas lines and City Utilities stormwater pipes. High winds and heavy rain delayed activity last week. Addtional signage and lane markings were placed to aid motorists with the lane restrctions. The date of the road closure is not set -- but will occur before the end of the month.
- March 23, 2018 -- Traffic has been switched to the south side of the road. The speed limit has been dropped to 35 miles per hour. Utility relocateds are still occuring. Further lane restrictions are not expected until April 13, 2018.
- March 16, 2018 -- Utility relocation work continues and construction signage is prepared to move traffic to the southside of the road. The road will still maintain traffic with one lane in each direction -- but their will likely move slower than normal.
- It Week of February 26, 2018 Crews cleared brush most of the week in preparation for construction. Utility crews continued relocation efforts.
- Week of February 19, 2018 Heavy rain halted this week’s planned brush clearing. The project area is marked for utilities and the gas line relocation work is moving forward. Brush clearing should begin next week.
- Week of February 5, 2018
- Frontier, NIPSCO and REMC continue relocation of utility service lines.
- Crews begin placing road signage for traffic control and placing the stakes that mark project right-of-way. The process should be completed by the end of the week.
- January 31, 2018 -- More than 150 neighbors turnout for the Meet the Contractor Meeting.
Contractor: Phend & Brown, Inc. Completion Date: November 2019 Investment: $12 million