Investing in our Neighborhoods
Contractor: Phend & Brown, Inc. Completion Date: November 2019 Investment: $12 million
Description:Expanding road to 4-lanes with a turn lane, where needed; a sidewalk on the north side and a trail on the south side of the road. A below-grade pedestrian/bicycle crossing will connect the Pufferbelly Trail under the road near Salomon Farm Park.Click Project Renderings
- March 16, 2018 -- Utility relocation work continues and construction signage is prepared to move traffic to the southside of the road. The road will still maintain traffic with one lane in each direction -- but their will likely move slower than normal. (new photos below)
- It Week of February 26, 2018 Crews cleared brush most of the week in preparation for construction. Utility crews continued relocation efforts.
- Week of February 19, 2018 Heavy rain halted this week’s planned brush clearing. The project area is marked for utilities and the gas line relocation work is moving forward. Brush clearing should begin next week.
- Week of February 5, 2018
- Frontier, NIPSCO and REMC continue relocation of utility service lines.
- Crews begin placing road signage for traffic control and placing the stakes that mark project right-of-way. The process should be completed by the end of the week.
- January 31, 2018 -- More than 150 neighbors turnout for the Meet the Contractor Meeting.