Investing in our Neighborhoods
The Dupont Road Project will expand the road to 4-lanes with a turn lane, where needed. A sidewalk on the north side and a trail on the south side of the road will be added. A below-grade pedestrian/bicycle crossing will connect the Pufferbelly Trail under the road near Salomon Farm Park. Click Project Renderings Contractor: Phend & Brown, Inc. Completion Date: November 2019 Investment: $12 million (80% Federal funds, 20% Local funds)
Click video links below shot the week June 14, 2019:
- July 16, 2019 -- Rain forceasts halted paving today -- but much was accomplished on Saturday and yesterday. See new 5 new photos below.
- July 13, 2019 -- A busy Saturday with crews milling and paving.
- July 12, 2019 -- Earlier today, crews will began work on the final paving of Dupont Road between Lima and Coldwater Road. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction with occasional closures as equipment shifts from one side to the other. Additionally, traffic signals at several intersections will be set to a red flash to be treated as a stop sign for all vehicles. Motorists will experience delays and are encouraged to avoid the area and use alternate east and west roads such as Carroll and Wallen roads.Earlier in the week crews where paving the trail and appraoches..
- June 28, 2019 – Good weather and a busy week! Crews placed top soil and sod in several areas including from Coldwater to the trail underpass. Concrete crews continued pouring curbs and sidewalks. Crews were adjusting manhole castings to surface level elevation. The trail now has a layer of asphalt with final paving scheduled for the week of July 8. When that paving along with road surface milling begin – heavy equipment will be back in the roadway and will likely cause traffic delays. Please be alert.
- June 14, 2019 -- While work has continue, the frequent rains we've been having are slowing project progress. The crews were slowed on pouring of concrete and the completion of work that required the ground to dry out a bit. Substantial completion will depend on weather and we are hopeful that will be in August. Over the last week, crews have been paving trails, planting landscaping additions and digging the areas for sidewalks.
- Archived Updates:
- 2019-Feb-May Updates
- Nov - Dec Updates
- September-October Updates 2018
- July & August Updates
- May-June Updates
- Earlier Updates