- Working with FVS to implement an environmental management system for waste stream of hazard materials
- Adding oil separators in garage to reduce its concentration in storm drains
- Recycling all used oil, antifreeze, cardboard, plastics and steel.
- Decreasing lighting costs and energy use, computer usage, thermostats and heater energy.
- Start of the Green Fleet
Larry Campbell, Fleet Manager has had numerous awards. They are listed below:
- A board member for the Greater Indiana Clean Cities Coalition and the President for the past 6 years.
- Clean City award for hybrid usage and development.
- Larry was named as one of the Green Fleet Sustainability All Stars by Green Fleet.
- Recognized and thanked by City Council in one of their regularly televised meeting.
- Larry has been nominated as Fleet Manager of the Year for the past 7 years and is named 'Fleet Manager of the Year' in 2012 by Government Fleet.
- In 2014, Larry is named to Government Fleet's Public Fleet Hall of Fame.
The Departments awards are as follows:
• #3 in “100 Best” Fleets from Fleet Magazine 2014
• One of the 100 Best Fleets since 2005 through 2013
• #2 Green Fleet & Facility for Private and Public Sector from Fleet Equipment Magazine and Citgo Oil
• #7 in "100 Best" Fleets from Fleet Magazine in 2013
• #5 in "Green Fleet" in 2013
• #18 in "40 Best" Fleets from Fleet Magazine in 2012
• #16 in "100 Best" Fleets from Fleet Magazine in 2011
• OSHA Voluntary Personal Protection (VPP) Star Award for the First Vehicle & Employees Building
• Hybrid Award for Innovations in Hybrids from the Indiana Clean Cities Association Top 10 Rankings in "100 Best" Fleets 2005, 2007 & 2008
• FVS as Top Operations in FVS Corporation in 2005 & 2006
• FVS winning one of top 2 safety awards in North America
• ASE Blue Seal Recognition for the facility
• Awarded ISO 9001:2000 Certification