The Great American Cleanup is the nation’s largest community improvement program that Fort Wayne has participated in for over 20 years. It is a time whenwe can show our community pride by lending a hand to clean up littered roadsides, parks, trails and river ways.
A clean city makes a difference: It looks better to residents and visitors, and improves the overall quality of life. Litter, graffiti, unkempt parks and trails, and scattered debris create unsightly areas that would give visitors the wrong impression. Through the work of volunteers, we can come together and show how much we care about Fort Wayne’s neighborhoods and public spaces.
The City provides groups with garbage bags, gloves, and T-shirts. After the work is done, a volunteer celebration with food, drinks, prizes and live entertainment is held at Headwaters West from11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Thank you to our 2017 Local and National Sponsors!
Results from 2017: Thank you volunteers!
5,232 volunteers contributed 18,230 hours to cleaning up our City in this one day event! This is what they accomplished!
- 187,000 pounds of litter & debris was collected
- 1,026 illegally dumped tires recycled
- 79 miles of roads, streets & highways were cleaned or beautified
- 1,423 acres of parks & public lands were cleaned
- 40 miles of hiking, biking & nature trails cleaned
- 27 miles of river banks cleaned
- PHD, Inc.
- Artek, Inc.
- Pizza Hut
- Bunn Box
- Fresh Tyme
- Lancia Homes
- Science Central
- Elements Massage
- United Survey, Inc.
- Gensic Engineering
- Aquatic Management
- Brown Equipment Co.
- Weigand Construction
- Rea Magnet Wire
- Rich's Auto Center
- Epco Products, Inc.
- Complete Drives, Inc.
- Aunt Millie's Bakeries
- Gorden Food Service
- North Side Plumbing
- Dunigan Brothers, Inc.
- A&Z Engineering, LLC.
- DK Flat Top Grill, LLC.
- CrossRoad Engineering, PC.
- DeBrand Fine Chocolate
- Comfort Suites Southwest
- Midwest Pipe & Steel
- Old Prairie Products, Inc.
- SportONE/Parkview Icehouse
- Graber & Graber contractors, Inc.
- Calhoun Street Soup Salad & Spirit
- Webb Chemical Service Corp.
- Brotherhood Mutual Foundation, Inc.
- Certified Burglar & Fire Alarm System, Inc.
- Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum