Neighborhood Leaf Pick-Up Program 2017
As autumn leaves will soon begin to fall you may be sure the City of Fort Wayne is planning for the annual curbside leaf pick-up for City residents.
- The City Street Department will again conduct two cycles of leaf collection in each neighborhood.
- Leaf collection will begin on October 30, 2017 in the North area.
- Crews will then move to the Central area of the City for the week of November 6th and then to the South area the week of November 13th.
- A second round of leaf pick-up will follow - with all collection scheduled to be finished on December 15, 2017.
- The week of November 27th will be a catch-up week if needed.
To help make leaf pick-up most effective for your neighborhood, please keep the following in mind:
- Have leaves raked to the park strip or curb and ready for pick-up onthe first day of your scheduled weeks.
- Please do not rake leaves into the street. This will help avoid having leaves clog storm drain inlets and will help prevent street flooding in the event of heaving rains.
- REMEMBER: burning leaves within City limits is a violation of City Code §74.70. The fine is $50 and increases to $75 if not paid within 30 days.
For collection of leaves that have been bagged in biodegradable bags, please call 311.Bags will be picked upwithin two business days after you call.
|OCT. 30-NOV. 3||NOV. 6-9||NOV.13-17|
|NOV. 20-22||DEC. 4-8||DEC. 11-15|
The week of November 27th-December 1st, will be a catch-up week. There will be no leaf collection on Friday November 10th due to the Veterans Day holiday.
Weather conditions or the volume of leaves in a particular area may cause the planned schedule to change.You may also contact the Leaf Hotline at 427-2302 or the Citizens Services Center at 311 with questions. For a larger version of this map please visit: 2017 leaf map
Total number of calls made to 311 for leaf bags pick up through week8 including catch-up week:
Grand Total Loads........................................
Approximate Ton of Leaves: