| The primary mission of Transportation Engineering Services is to effectively and efficiently provide engineering support, design, and construction management for the improvement of our city's transportation system, and secondly, to ensure the integrity of that system through code enforcement and material testing.
- The department is comprised of two different sections, Street Project Management and Technical Services that provide seperate engineering services to ensure acheivement of the mission and goals
- Many construction projects are the result of petitions filed by property owners through the Barrett Law process, applications through the Community and Economic Development Block Grant program, and a yearly local street resurfacing program established by the Division of Public Works
|Visit the links below to view additional information:
|Street Project Management
- To plan, design, and implement the construction and repair of a safe and efficient street, alley, curb, and sidewalk system in the City of Fort Wayne.
- Many construction projects are the result of petitions filed by property owners through the Barrett Law process, applications through the Community and Economic Development Block Grant program, and a yearly local street resurfacing program established by the Division of Public Works.
Below is a list of typical services provided by Street Project Management:
- Design roadway improvements from various funding sources.
- Provide construction management during repair and new construction of roadway related infrastructure.
- Provide estimates and recommendations for pavements and roadway related improvements.
- Implement the ADA Curb Ramp Transition Plan by way of design and constrIuction management
- Address the concerns of the general public
- Review sub-division plans for all proposed development within the incorporated limits of the City of Fort Wayne to ensure compliance with City street construction standards
- Determine compliance of newly constructed streets
- Assist various City Departments with engineering expertise, review, and construction management
- To provide engineering support for the construction and repair of street, alley, curb and sidewalk systems in the City of Fort Wayne and to ensure that all projects comply with City street engineering standards.
Below is a list of typical services provided by Technical Services:
- Make initial surveys for construction projects
- Survey stake construction projects during the building stage
- Provide preliminary estimates and narratives for potential projects
- Establish the right-of-way and make miscellaneous surveys for non-construction related projects
- Create construction plans using engineering software and computerized survey equipment
- Prepare and update plat maps.
- Maintain and update the Pavement Management System.
- Prepare and update the GIS base maps.
- Provide construction inspection for transportation projects
- Inspect privately developed transportation projects entering the City's transportation system
- Operate a laboratory to test construction materials
- Prepare drawings for fatal accidents occurring within the public right-of-way
- Maintain the city benchmark system
- Prepare record drawings of newly constructed projects
Matt Gray, Manager
Transportation Engineering Services
200 East Berry Street, Suite 210
Fort Wayne, IN 46802