Businesses move to Fort Wayne and expand here, in part, because of the high quality water and available capacity in the water and sewer systems. Read more about reasons to choose Fort Wayne as a place to do business in Water That Works
Site Development, Design & Construction
City Utilities' Development Services Department is your "one stop" for information related to site selection, availability and location of utility systems, design, submittal and construction requirements, permitting and inspections. For more information or to arrange a Pre-Submittal Meeting, please contact Development Services by calling 260-427-5064.
If you are developing or redeveloping property you will find information about development standards and construction requirements at the Design and Construction Resource Center. Maps of the public water, sewer and stormwater management systems may be found within the interactive GIS mapping resource.
Permits for Industries Discharging Wastewater - Industrial Pretreatment Program (IPS)
- City Utilities issues permits for certain industries that are regulated by the Clean Water Act.
- Reporting and Compliance Forms for IPS Customers - a library of permit documents that you can download and print for submittal to City Utilities.
- Industrial Pretreatment requirements and general information on wastewater effluent limitations may be found in Fort Wayne's Sewer Use Ordinance -- Chapter 51 of the Municipal Code.
- Other IPS requirements are found in the Water Pollution Control (sewer) Utility General Rules and Regulations and in the Enforcement Response Plan.
- The City of Fort Wayne has also adopted guidelines for Resolving Compliance Disputes.
- Questions about Industrial Pretreatment requirements may be directed to the Fort Wayne Water Pollution Control Plant by calling 260-427-1271.
- Stormwater Protection documents: