Mayor Graham Richard will attend the U.S. Conference of Mayors Energy and Environment Summit May 10-11 in
Last year, the City created a Green City Initiative designed to reduce energy and improve the environment.
* Green Ribbon Commission established to develop a comprehensive energy and air quality plan
* 13 hybrid vehicles in use and 16 vehicles that run on ethanol fuel
* 300 vehicles running on biodiesel fuel
* Fuel savings; over $217,000
* Construct a new mile of greenway along the Towpath Trail. The trail will eventually link the City and
Mayor Richard is a member of the U.S. Conference of Mayors.