Contractors working on federally funded construction projects are required to comply with the wage rates established by the federal government. The wage and fringe benefit rates are a minimum and shall not prevent the contractor from paying a higher rate or pay or fringe benefits. In the event the prime or any subcontractor fails to comply with appropriate employee wage rate, action will be taken to satisfy the wage discrepancy. This includes the withdrawal of the dollar amount due from a progress payment or/or the withholding of the final retainage payment.
The prime contractor will also be required to submit the following forms:
- A list of subcontractors and suppliers on the contractor's letterhead must be submitted to the Vendor Compliance office. The list should include lower-tier subcontractors and suppliers and should be submitted prior to the start of construction. The contractor shall not contract with a subcontractor or supplier who has been suspended or debarred by the State or the City of Fort Wayne.
- Subcontractor Eligibility – required for all subcontractors.
- Subcontractor Weekly Report – prime contractor documents which subcontractors are performing work each week.
- Monthly Employment Report - due from the prime and all subcontractors for each month work is performed on the project. This form references employee work hours by trade based on race and sex.
- Wage Scale Report – the prime contractor and all subcontractors must submit prior to the start of construction.
- Certified Weekly Payroll – the prime contractor and all subcontractors must submit certified weekly payrolls no later than 7 work days upon completion of the week.
- Manpower Utilization Summary Report - due from the prime contractor within 10 days after completion of the project. This report comprises all firms who performed work on the project and includes the total number of work force hours broken down by race and sex. Minority, Women and Emerging Business Enterprise contract dollar amount and participation percentage is included.
- MBE/WBE Waiver Request – if the prime contractor was unable to meet the MBE/WBE goal, they must submit a waiver reduction request.