FORT-ify Neighborhood Accelerator Program
FORT-ify is a program of the Community Development Division. Leadership development is critical to mobilizing residents to see change in their own neighborhoods and across the City. That’s why FORT-ify was designed to help develop and strengthen developing and relaunching neighborhood associations across our city.
FORT-ify is a 6-month leadership development experience. Participants will receive a rapid, immersive, and experiential education aimed at accelerating the progress of neighborhood associations – compressing years’ worth of learning into just a few months. Workshop topics will include Asset-based Community Development, Civic Engagement, Fundraising, and Governance.
Any Fort Wayne neighborhood association registered with the City can apply to be one of four neighborhoods that will be selected for the 2024 cohort. Applications will be evaluated and scored based on criteria found in the Program Summary and FAQ document below.
Program Application & Overview Documents
Accelerator applications are open for 2024! Apply online or download the fillable PDF below!
- FORT-ify Online Application: Online Application
- FORT-ify Fillable PDF Application: 2024 FORT-ify Fillable Application
- FORT-ify program flyer: 2024 FORT-ify Flyer
- FORT-ify program summary: 2024 FORT-ify Program Summary
- FORT-ify program FAQ: 2024 FORT-ify FAQ
Applications are due at 11:59, Wednesday January 31, 2024! Participants will be notified if they've been accepted by February 29th.
FORT-ify Q&A/Information Sessions
We'll be providing information sessions about the FORT-ify program in December and January! Join us on Facebook live in December or for in-person sessions in January!
- December - Facebook Live Virtual Lunch: 12 noon, Tuesday December 5th: https://fb.me/e/5IzanR2Eg
- January- In-person Program Introductions
- Tuesday, January 9th: 11:00 am- 1:00 pm- ACPL Georgetown Branch, 6600 East State Blvd (NE)
- Tuesday, January 9th: 2:30 - 4:30 pm- Headwaters Church, 2000 N Wells Street (NW)
- Wednesday, January 10th: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm- ACPL Waynedale Branch Library, 2200 Lower Huntington Rd (SW)
- Wednesday, January 10th: 2:30 pm- 4:30 pm- ACPL Pontiac Branch, 2215 S. Hanna St (SE)
- Monday, January 15th: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm- ACPL Main Branch, 900 Library Plaza (Downtown)
Program Manager Contact
Réna Bradley, FORT-ify Program Manager / Neighborhood Planner
Fortify Program Sponsors
The FORT-ify program was sponsored in part, by the generous support of our sponsors. Learn more about our sponsors by clicking on their logos (below).
Thank you, AEP Foundation for sponsoring FORT-ify's Fundraising Workshop in July of 2023! Please visit AEP Foundation's website to learn more about their efforts in our community.
Thank you, Ambassadoro Enterprises for sponsoring FORT-ify's Civiv Engagement Workshop in June of 2023! Please visit he Ambassador Enterprise website to learn more about their efforts io invest for legacy impact in our community!