- The City Engineer serves as the technical advisor and supervisor for the Department of Transportation in the Division of Public Works.
- The City Engineer oversees the preparation of plans and specifications for the Transportation Capital Improvement Projects, Public Works maintenance projects and all other improvement projects necessary for the safe, efficient and economical operation of the Public Works Division.
- The City of Fort Wayne has invested significant funds into our local streets
|The goals and objectives of the City Engineering Department include:
- To plan, develop, bid and manage the construction of the Transportation Capital Improvement Program through CEDIT, Local Road and Street funds and other funding sources.
- Prepare and update a Project Status Report that compiles and lists projects in progress and completed projects
- Provides technical assistance to Mayor, Board of Public Works and City Council in selecting Capital Improvement Projects
|To view Transportation Improvement Projects go to the Northeastern Indiana Regional Coordinating Council's (NIRCC) website: NIRCC
- Please note: in order to view these files, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system. If you do not have this program you can download it free by going here.
|For more information: contact the City Engineer, Patrick Zaharako