- About Us:
- The City of Fort Wayne's Fleet Management Department is responsible for keeping the City owned vehicles and equipment in service. We accomplish this in the most economic, effective, and environmentally friendly manner possible. We take pride knowing that we make a difference in improving the quality of life for the citizens of Fort Wayne. We currently maintain a diverse fleet of approximately 2,100 units which are also purchased, fueled and disposed of by our department. The Fleet Director also develops policies for the use of city vehicles and helps departments develop vehicle replacement programs. We operate two vehicle maintenance facilities and one centrally located fueling site.
- The Fleet Department employs 29 employees. Of the total of employees, 1 Fleet Director, 1 Shop Supervisor, 1 Office Manager, 1 Admin Admin,1 Fleet Systems Analyst, 2 Service Writers, 19 technicians, and 3 Parts Clerks.
- Our technicians are ASE Certified.
- We are committed to the continued education of our staff.
- Fleet Director oversees the department budget, provides expertise in procurement and disposal of vehicles and equipment and works closely with the Mayor and City Council on department issues.
- Shop Supervisor handles daily operations of the two maintenance facilities.