2021 Spring Break and Summer Camp dates and registration will be posted in January!
*NEW* We've had an overwhelming response to our summer day camps, and to try and accomodate as many kiddos as possible we've expanded our camps to include one-day camps during Spring Break. The Spring Break Camps cost $30 per child and are one day only from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.! Kids will learn about safety around animals, the role FWACC plays in the community, how to be a responsible pet guardian and so much more.
At Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control we believe learning to be responsible pet guardians begins at a young age. Our day camps help kids explore the joys of animals through fun, interactive games and activities. Our camps promote humane attitudes toward animals and others.
Campers get to...
- Learn about the vital role Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control plays in the community
- Spend time with adoptable pets
- Learn all about how to be a responsible pet guardian
- Make fun treats and toys for the animals in our care
- Explore ways to help animals in our community
- Meet new friends and much more!
- Summer Camp runs from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Spring Break Camps are ONE DAY ONLY and run from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Camp registration covers all materials and a daily snack
- Camp is run by three shelter staff members and at least two volunteers
- Campers should bring a lunch each day of camp
- Summer Camp cost is $120.00
- Spring Break Camp cost is $30
To keep up to date with events within our Humane Education Department follow us on Facebook!
Click HERE to see Camp Policies and common FAQ
Each year we look for teens ages 13 to 17 who love kids and animals to help out with our Pet Explorer Summer Camps!
Teen Buddies will play an important role in helping summer camp counselors and they will be the campers' best friend for the week of camp! Teen Buddies WILL NOT directly handle animals. During the application process teens can choose which week(s) they'd like to help with. Following the application process, there will be an interview and required orientation for all Teen Buddies in the program. We ask that interested teens fill out the form themselves.